Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant will be No. 1, 2 and 3 on USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list in tomorrow’s issue, on newsstands January 9th, 2014. The bestselling series by Veronica Roth has sold more than 10 million copies as of January 1, 2014 and the film starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Kate Winslet, will be released on March 21, 2014.
- Book sales for the series total more than 10 million copies.
- The novels in the series havespent a combined 183 weeks on the New York Times bestseller lists. The DIVERGENT series is currently #1 on the New York Times Children’s Series list.
- Won in a major pre-empt deal while Veronica Roth was still a college student at Northwestern University, DIVERGENT was one of the most heralded debut novels of 2011, landing on multiple year-end “Best Of” lists including Huffington Post, Publishers Weekly, American Library Association, National Public Radio’s All Things Considered, and was selected by Goodreads users as the Goodreads Choice Award Winner for Favorite Book of 2011(adult or children’s).
- ALLEGIANT pre-orders exceeded pre-orders of any HarperCollins book (adult or children’s) in the history of HarperCollins.
- The DIVERGENT movie has amassed more follows on social media than any other movie opening in March 2014, and increasing by the day.
- It has the highest “social score” among all movies in March 2014, including both sequels 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE and MUPPETS MOST WANTED – based on conversation levels & positive sentiment.
- DIVERGENT ranked among the top 5 most discussed films at San Diego Comic-Con International 2013, trailing only established tentpoles THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE and 3 Marvel/DC Comics properties, but above other established tentpoles including X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN and CAPTAIN AMERICA. DIVERGENT press coverage and social media generated over 204 million worldwide impressions online, and was a trending topic on Twitter.
- Foreign rights to the series have sold in 44 territories and counting. ALLEGIANT sales for week 1- #1 at Target (all books, not just children’s), #1 in Australia (all books, not just children’s), #4 in UK (all books, not just children’s) and #1 US indies (children’s series list)
· Following the release of ALLEGIANT on October 22, 2013, the Divergent series premiered at #1 on the New York Times Bestsellers List and has remained on the list for 10 weeks since (as of 1/12/14)